Sunday 17 December 2006

Baby's sight. B&W patterns.

I have recently learnt that babies continue to develop their sight gradually from the day they are born until they are about 8 months old. Although they can see colors from the very first day they cannot distinguish similar tones until they are 2-4 months old. Until this age they are more interested and thus stimulated by high contrasted black and white patterns as the one on the picture to the left or a chess board.
I have some B&W patterns in a pdf file that a friend passed me (thanks Gidon) that apparently babies love watching at. In principle it should be possible to download some dingbat font onto your computer and create your own black and white patterns (with animals, shapes or whatever you want/find). I have not yet figured out how to do this but as soon as I know how I'll put a post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




Google